Monday, June 2, 2014

Round One Wrap Up


Before beginning to blog about my second attempt at Whole30, I wanted to close the circle on the first round.

I can happily say I made conscious decisions to eat Whole30 approved foods for 30 days. But I cannot truly say it was perfect. Along the way, I was inadvertently served meat that was pre-soaked in salt water and preservatives. I won’t say what, when, or by whom as it does not matter and I know this person feels bad enough. Plus it was an eye-opener to them as well and they are now doing a Whole30! So in my opinion, this mistake was meant to be.

It was really early into my Whole30 and I didn’t find out until halfway through. After much thought, I decided to continue on with eating as I was. I did not want it to become an excuse to give up and return to old habits and I had gone longer doing Whole30 after it happened, than I had before it happened, so I continued doing what I had been doing.

I will never know what, if any effect that small amount of preservatives had on my body so I choose not to sweat it. I still felt amazing through the program. By the end, I was telling people I had a whole new body.

As a bonus I lost 15 pounds in a month! As good as this feels, the way my body feels inside is far more exciting. I really felt new and clean on the inside. I did not take before photos for my first Whole30 and this is one of my biggest regrets. But my hands and feet do not swell any more. My face is not as puffy. I do not ever feel bloated or gassy. I did not have any stomach pains in the time I was on Whole30. My skin started to clear, but did not fully, but that just tells me, I need to keep going. And that I have not fully cleared my body of what is causing this ongoing breakout. There is so much more too but I think it will only get better!


For this reason, I am really excited to do this next round in June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment