Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 3, 2014 – Day 3



What did I Eat?

Meal 1

3 Boiled Eggs
Small Veggie Platter
(Carrots, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower)
Chunks of Apple
1 tbsp Sunbutter

Meal 2

Leftover Lamburger
Leftover Brussels sprouts

Meal 3

2 Spolumbo’s Spicy Italian Sausages
A heap of Green Giant Frozen Asian Veggies, Steamed


The Day

Still having not shopped, I grabbed leftovers out of the fridge for lunch and went off for work. I also slept in and in my rush out the door forgot my iPhone at home. Due to this, I do not have any photos of my meals except dinner. I stopped at the café in my office building lobby for breakfast. I suddenly remembered that they have veggie platters and asked myself, why not have this for breakfast? I had just been reading about how you are actually better off calling your meals “Meal 1, 2, and 3” instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then you won’t feel limited to just typical “breakfast food” in the morning etc. You may have noticed that I started doing this on day 2 or 3, I think it helped open my mind. Previously I struggled to get veggies in at breakfast so this feels like a good breakthrough.

The day flew by and I had lunch which was just left overs. Then head home and remind Sean we need to go grocery shopping. On a strict budget this week, we picked up some basics. I look at meat, veggies, and spices as ingredients with many possibilities. But I was super excited to see these compliant sausages they’ve had before at Save-on-Foods, but then we hadn’t seen them since. They are simply pork, water, salt, and spices – and literally the best sausages I have ever had. As soon as I got home, I turned on the BBQ and tossed them on. It was late so I put some frozen veggies over the steamer. It wasn’t gourmet but it was goooood…

How do I feel today?

I had a small, faint headache when I woke up. It went away before I even got to work though and I forgot about it until just now. For the rest of the day I had a great sense of clarity, little to no hunger between meals, and just good!

No comments:

Post a Comment