Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 7, 2014 – Day 7

What Did I Eat?
Love my purple plates!!

Meal 1

Scrambled Eggs
Spinach
Avocado

Meal 2

Turkey Sausage Pieces
Cucumber

Meal 3

Turkey Sausage Appies
Veggies from a platter

The Day

Sean and I had hair appointments with my good friend Dora today. Can I just say how talented she is for a minute? I have been friends with this lady since she was a receptionist in a non-hair-related industry. She found her passion, went to school, and has been cutting and styling hair for a few years now. I won’t go to anyone else. 

Needless to say I woke up in a good mood, stoked to see my friend and of course to get pampered. Sean needed a haircut before the big day next week, and for the summer, and I just needed to add some layers. I made myself some scrambled eggs, about 4, with a side of spinach sautéed in ghee and half an avocado and we headed out to get our hair did. I was not disappointed and was so excited that, for once, I had plans after. I usually end up having great hair and no where to go. 

Then I had to head to the store to get some ingredients for a potluck/housewarming party at another friend’s new place. This potluck, I was determined to do better than the veggie bowl I brought to the last one. I didn’t have a plan really though so I wandered Whole Foods for inspiration, reading labels and thinking of ideas. There were some good looking wings but of course they were coated with bread crumbs and I did not see any plain ones available. I sort of had the idea of toothpick appies before I got there and I found some compliant turkey sausage in the deli. I grabbed two packs of 4 and wandered to produce. I looked for veggies that could be cut up and easily stuck on a toothpick and came up with cherry tomatoes of varying colours and cucumbers.
Whole30 Appies!

When I got home, I popped the sausages in the oven and applied my makeup. I cut up the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes and methodically put them on toothpicks. I ended up with about 45-50 little toothpick appies when I ran out of tomatoes. I ate the leftover cucumbers and sausage (about ½ of one and the ends of the others) as 2nd meal. On top of me eating them, they were a hit! They were gone within an hour of me getting there. 

When I got to the potluck, the only other thing I could have was veggies from a platter so I made a plate of veggies and some of my appies and was completely happy with that. It was so nice to chat and catch up with friends. It was a beautiful almost summer evening. There was live music, kids running around the back yard. It could not have been more perfect. Of course all good things come to an end and we all headed home.

How Do I Feel Today?


Woke up in a good mood. Was satiated all day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment