Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 6, 2014 – Day 6

What Did I Eat?

Meal 1

Apple
Banana
2 Boiled Eggs
Sun Butter

Meal 2

Roasted Chicken and Veggies from Urban Fare

Meal 3

Leftover Chicken
Leftover Mashed Yam, attempted to pan fry


The Day

This section should be titled “The Evening” today.

The day was pretty standard; woke up, went to work etc. It was after work when anything interesting happened - and I use that word lightly.

I went to meet up with an old family friend to pick up a handmade gift for one of my dearest friends. I haven’t given it to her yet so I can’t go into detail. But I have known the artist for longer than I can remember. Feels like distant family really. Our moms are really close. I picked up the gift and we chatted for a little while and caught up. It took me close to an hour to get home so I had a late dinner. For the first time in 2 months I felt hungry along with irritable and weak-ish. 

This was not a fault in the program but rather my own poor planning. I knew that I had these plans after work and I could have brought along a Larabar or Fruit. I was so cranky and tired when I finally got home, that I wanted to eat but not to cook. A night like this in my old life, and I would have ordered a pizza so I was happy to realize that I have come a long way and have learned a lot.

Since Sean is decidedly sticking to broths and shakes for the time being, I re-heated a chicken breast that was on reserve for him, for me. The only veg that I would not have to cook was the leftover mashed sweet potatoes that I made yesterday and couldn’t stand. I added some egg to bind and salt to cut the sweetness and tried pan frying like a fritter. No Dice. It did not hold together and then burned on the bottom. I mixed it up a bit to at least warm the mash through. The caramelization caused by the burning made them a little more tolerable. But still not great.

How Do I Feel Today?


Most of the day really good, but tired and cranky with a two hour delay on dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment