Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 19 - TGIF



All I can say is Thank Goodness It’s Friday!

This week was busy and crazy at work and I am glad for the weekend.

I got to work and had boiled eggs and fruit again. It’s inspired me to start pre-making breakfasts for week days, like Egg Muffins or Breakfast meatloaf. Getting a little bored of boiled eggs.

For lunch I went over to Urban Fare and got a salad at the salad bar and roasted chicken leg/thigh. This was incredibly satiating.

But the plat de résistance was dinner. I made Herbes de Provence Chicken Breasts and a Simple Salad. I love how all the meals you eat on Whole30 are home cooked. They nourish the body and the soul. There is a certain sense of satisfaction that you get when you make your own food. There is nothing more satisfying.

Also thanks to Whole30 I have learned to enjoy leftovers. I used to hate them, but perhaps it was because how I used to eat was never quite right in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment